‘Kia Time hua hai?’ – ‘Time nahi mila yaar’ – ‘Kis time aao gey?’ – ‘chalo time to go!’
Don’t we say and listen to such lines so many times in a day? In fact we utter the word Time with such frequency that we undermine its actual meaning and its worth.
What is Time actually?? and why should we give importance to it anyway?
What is Time?
The dictionary defines Time as:
1. the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole.
2. An interval separating two points and is measured by numbers as of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years.
I like the second definition, easy and compact.
Hence you see that thing on your wall or on your wrist which you look up to every now and then, is what life is actually made of.. Time.. but we rarely think about it. Do we?
Why is Time so important?
Time is passing non-stop, and we try to follow it with clocks and calendars. It is passing on this very moment while i am writing this but i can not catch it or hold it back, because time once passed will not come back again.
And you thought money is the all that matter in life? It may buy you many things but try buying time next time you go shopping. Yes, be my guest try to buy time but you won’t try as you know the answer already.
It is said, ‘time and tide wait for none’ and true it is. You can keep waiting long enough for a certain time to arrive but time will not wait for you a second. It will come and go by on it own and you won’t know it has left if you are not ready to welcome it at the right time.
Time – a great healer
There are as many quotes available on Time but the most famous is the Italian proverb –
Il tempo è un gran medico -(Time is a great healer.)
I remember how time healed my knee injury when i fell from bicycle long time ago. Yes time did heal my wound but that scary scar is always there to remind me of the incident.
Time heals every wound. Time will make it better. I usually heard such saying on funerals but it is relevant for anyone who has ever lost something/someone they loved like anything. This again shows the importance of time that how it plays the role of a healer, a companion for the lonesome and how time eventually brings the wretched souls to life and to love.
Time is money
Another Italian proverb – Il tempo è denaro. (Time is money.)
yes yes the same paper money, that we all love so dearly that to make it and to double it we are ready to give in our health and our lives.
So Time if perfectly utilized can do wonders for you and bring you a lot of money with which you can buy happiness and all other things.
Types of Time
1. Past – This period of Time is already lost, which is no more with you. So there is no need or reason to ponder over it and regret it.
2. Future – This period of Time is yet to come, it is unseen. So there is no need to worry about it again, all you can do is hope and wish for the best of times to come to you.
3. Present – And that leaves us to the final type of Time – the Present – that you are living in right this very moment. This is the only period of time which you should worry about actually. See it’s so easy, isn’t? God knew that we humans cannot handle so much of time all together so your present time is all you have to care about so that you won’t regret it when it becomes the past of your life.
It is rightly said that there s a time for everything and you just have to wait for the right time to come.
And when it comes you will know it for sure.
For everything there is a season,
And a time for every matter under heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to seek, and a time to lose;
A time to keep, and a time to throw away;
A time to tear, and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate,
A time for war, and a time for peace.